Saturday, September 29, 2012

September Soundtrack

Be sure to click the link to each song, in case you haven't heard it :)

"You can stand under my umbrella - ella ella"
Under my umbrella"


I realized that have actually never owned an umbrella of my own. I used my parent's umbrellas growing up, but never really needed one in Utah or felt it was worth the purchase. 
Now we own 4. 
You just never know when it will rain in Chicago. (I guess you might know if you watched the news or checked the weather, but that takes way too much brain power).
And the rain is nothing like a Utah rain. You actually get WET!



"Eat it! Get yourself an egg and beat it!
You should actually listen to the song - it's pretty funny. 

I have a lot of photos of Lydia eating. Not sure where she gets her affinity for food. Couldn't possibly be from me!



 "Just open up your mouth and feed it! 



"I'm so glad I found you, I love being around you.You make it easy. It's as easy as one two, one two three four...
Great discovery: Bennison's Bakery. This is a croissant with cream cheese, bacon, cheddar cheese, eggs, ham and something marvelous over the top - probably more cheese. I may have consumed the entire calorie recommendation for the day in one sandwich, but it was oh so worth it!
Ben had a cookie and Lydia ate the donut before I could get a photo. That's my girl!


"Darling it's better down where's it wetter, take it from me! Up on the shore they work all day, out in the sun they slave away. While we devotin' full time to floatin', under the sea!"

Ben started swimming lessons this month! He is such a fish. Life is definitely "the bubbles" in the water for him.

Mitch had a recruiting conference at BYU, so the kids and I decided to make a surprise visit to Utah to visit family.
The 'Impossible' part of the mission was not the secret, it was the plane ride. Traveling with 2 toddlers gets a little tricky, but we survived. 
I think Ben was the only person who read this pamphlet. 

"I was a fool to ever leave your side. Me minus you is such a lonely ride... 
You want to know what I missed about Utah?
Dick's Market Donuts...It was a wonderful reunion!

Oh! And being reunited with the family was good too :)
Lydia and her girls. 
(horrible picture with Grandma Rencher, but it was the only one I shot!)
I don't think Walter was as excited about the reunion as Ben was. Ben wouldn't leave this dog alone.
Being able to hang out with cousins was a dream come true for my kids! (And to be honest, it was fabulous for me too!)

"I'm too sexy for my shirt! Too Sexy for my shirt! So Sexy it hurts!"
I think Ben must know what a good looking boy he is because we cannot keep clothes on him!
I'm too sexy for your party! Too sexy for your party! The way I'm disco dancing!

I get knocked down! But I get up again! You're never gonna keep me down!
Poor Jaxon took a big fall midway through our visit. He and Ben were out on my parent's playhouse trying to carry some chairs up the ladder and Jaxon fell right on his jaw. It broke on both sides and was such a bad break he had to have 2 metal plates put in during a 3 hour surgery. The picture on the left is the day before the accident. The picture on the right is the day after his surgery.
He is a tough kid and seems to be bouncing back like a champ!


"There can be miracles, if you believe"
And look, Mitch even did his own ironing on the trip! There are miracles.

"The first time I saw you, I knew love at first sight must be true!"
AND WE GOT TO MEET BABY CARTER!!!
It was love at first sight. My kids couldn't keep their hands off him!

We had a FABULOUS time seeing everyone. 

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THE PEOPLE?!



Happy Thanksgiving Birthday!


What a month!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haley, what a wonderful post. Those songs are just perfect for the photos. We absolutely loved being able to see your family. Lydia is just adorable, sorry Carter tried to eat from her ( lol), and Ben is the cutest little Captain Underpants. I can't believe how much he's grown.

Nee said...

Cute Haley.....can I just tell you how much fun I have looking at your posts. They are always so real and funny and you capture you kids at their absolute best, worst and funniest....so real and so enjoyable. So glad that you are having a ball during your experience in Chicago. You are the cutest little pregnant lady I've ever seen!!!! Aunt Nee