Thursday, May 31, 2012

Going Off The Rails On A Crazy Train

You may not know that...

Seagulls are one of the most beautiful animals at the zoo! 
 We went to the Lincoln Park Zoo last Tuesday and of all the animals Ben saw, he kept telling me to look at how beautiful the birds (Seagulls) are!


Benjamin and the Navigation Lady on my phone are mortal enemies.
My wonderful dad sent me a new phone cover so that I could set my phone on the dash and look at the navigation while I drive. Every time I turn it on (which is frequent) Ben starts yelling at the voice "Stop! Stop it! Be QUIET!!"

Elmo's scientific name is Furrious Childus... who knew?
 We were able to attend a Sesame Street birthday party for Eliza from the ward. One of the girls brought their Elmo costume, but didn't want to wear it because it was so hot. Ben, of course, didn't mind a little sweat.

Some of the best deals are found on a street corner.
Perverts! I know what you are thinking!
I found some super super cheap bar stools for my kitchen being sold on the street corner close to our house. Never can have enough seating! 

Daddy sightings are rare around here
Mitch has been keeping a pretty crazy schedule. In addition to having a job that demands a lot of his time, he is studying for the bar. He leaves before the kids are out of bed and does't get home until about 10:00 pm. On Friday, he surprised us and came home a little early. The kids couldn't get enough.
(according to Mitch in this video, I didn't get the camera out in time, so this is the kids not having fun)

Superheros take days off and hang out at the beach too...
On Memorial Day, we had a ward party at the beach. 


A little sand for your beach snack, Lydia?
Allow me to introduce some people. This is Emeline & Spencer and their cute baby Elsa. They brought us dinner and let us use their pack n play during the first few days in Chicago. We LOVE them.
 Meet Clark. We love Clark too. He entertained Ben during the beach party and come to find out, he also hosted Zach (Mitch's cousin) when he came to check out Medical Schools.
 And this is Lydia's real mother, Elisabeth and her sister (I can't remember her name - she was just in town for the weekend). We love them too and are so glad they let us have Lydia. :)

I put the "cute" in Acute Bronchitis this week.
After a 4 hour visit to the ER because the regular family doctor that I called and tried to make an appointment with scared the crap out of me and told me I probably have a Kidney Infection and they couldn't treat it at the clinic and the only place they could properly treat a Kidney Infection was in the ER and since I have experienced a Kidney Infection in the past, I did NOT want to spend 3 days in the hospital hooked up to IV's again, so I decided to go in, even though I was pretty sure the ER was an overly dramatic move - which it turned out the be. (Enjoy that one, you grammar freaks!) Come to find out, the fever and back pain were from bronchitis and the Dr was partly right.. I did have a really bad UTI, but probably something they could have told me in the clinic.
Might just have to find that Dr's house (Not to be confused with Dr. House) and toilet paper it for making me spend $200 on a stupid diagnosis.

I didn't take a picture because I really didn't make Bronchitis cute. Just picture me, sitting on the couch coughing until I throw up with my kids running around naked and un-bathed for days while I'm holding the remote and replaying Megamind for the 30th time.

8 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh my stars! You are kidding me about the bronchitis! Goodness gracious girl! Stay healthy. Ben cracks me up. I love that he tells at the navigation lady. I love the video of the kids not having fun with their dad. I am glad they remember who he is. I remember Sara telling me a story about Emma asking if "that man" was going with them somewhere. Thank you thank you for the pictures of your friends. I love having a face with a name, Fabulous post Haley girl! Thanks so much for the little bits of the Rencher family who I miss terribly.

Elisabeth said...

Cute pictures! Glad you are having some fun out there. We sure miss you guys!

Dorothy said...

Ugh, so sorry you were sick! And what a lame doctor. But it looks like Chicago is awesome! I am so glad you're blogging about it.

Marinda said...

Sorry Mitch is working so much. Just know you're not alone! Hang in there, it will make you strong and it won't last forever! Your blog is super cute!

Kendal and Alissa said...

Wow you are super woman. I don't know how moms do it when their husbands are in the military, travel weekly, or don't come home by at least 6! I'm not that strong of a women:). I hope you are feeling better. Living that schedule while being sick would NOT be fun!

Allison said...

I'm sorry you got sick. That's the worst! You and your kids look like you're having a whole lot of fun!

Unknown said...

You are a busy bunch in Chicago. I love the video of Ben as a a super hero on the beach.

A. said...

Thank you for posting. I love being able to see what you are all doing. I'm sorry you were sick. We miss all of you!