Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Golf Tournament

The last few years, we have had a Easter Golf Tournament. This may seem a little odd since Easter is all about the Atonement and is a more serious / spiritual holiday. However, if anyone knows my family they know that the men feel that golf is definately religious.
"...wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round..."
1 Nephi 10:19
We lined up and started our round.

Sophie, of course wore flip flops and it was about 30 degrees outside, so we improvised and put golf covers on her little feetsies!
We even decorated our golf balls like easter eggs and or easter-bunny-eating-freak-o-nature eggs!
And since Ben couldn't decorate his own ball, I decorated him.

Strike one, Elisabeth! But can you blame her with that oaf in the golf hat jumping around behind her?
Ummm... Well, we decided to turn the event into a charity event to help special children learn how to golf...oh no that's just Levi, silly Levi...need I say more?
Here we have the old duffer, I mean old pro, who is not to be confused with the old goat - Grandpa Steve with the perfect swing!
And then there were some golfers that turned their round into a sort of Easter Egg Hunt of course
But we still had so much fun!! Like mother, like daughter...and now if they could only quit posing and hit the ball.
Beautiful swing, Robyn! And it only took three takes!
Maybe Lurpdog /Andrew needs bigger clubs, eh?
Some golfers got a little carried away and still sank their birdie putts amidst the distractions.
Is someone announcing a pregnancy? No, it's just Woody's belly announcing that it's time for lunch!

Mitch discovered that bringing his son golfing is a good luck charm. He played his best round of golf ever with Ben as his caddie. The final score for Mitch was one under par. Congratulations, Dad!

6 comments:

emily said...

Haley! You guys are too cute. I love the yoda pic and you guys out golfing. Looks like parent life suits you well!! Less than 3 weeks for me! When it gets warmer, we will definitely have to get together with our beebees! Oh yeah, and let me know when you need season 4 of 24! Love it! Later my friend!

Kelli said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad Ben is good luck. Question. Has Mitch bought him his own clubs yet?

Gina said...

What a fun tradition! Your family is great. It was fun talking to Mitch for a bit on the phone the other night. It sounds like you guys are doing really well. My Dad is excited to have Mitch come and intern with him this summerÜ

Tyson and Marie said...

Oh I bet Tyson wishes he were with your family on Easter! That is such a fun tradition. Don't tell Tyson:) j/k. Ben is such a cutie. I have some really cute pictures of him fromt he hospital with Brinley. Now that things have calmed down a bit we should get together.

Tyson Young said...

I think the Young family is going to start a new tradition too . . . especially if I could shoot under par someday too! Lucky (said in a Napoleon Dynamite voice of course)! You guys have a cute little family - see ya soon!

Teacher Preacher said...

Your Benjamin is absolutely the cutest golfer I have very seen. So glad his Dad does well with him in the cart. Love, Mom R.