He's here!!!
Benjamin Grant Rencher has finally arrived. We are convinced that his Grandpa Rencher had a great deal of influence on this little man. Irvine Rencher (Mitch's Dad) was notorious for being early for everything. Being early, however, didn't mean he arrived at his destination quickly. Irv would avoid left hand turns if he could help it. He didn't like to drive on the freeway if at all possible and I have never been in the car with Irv when he wasn't driving exactly the speed limit or slower. Traveling with Irv was painfully slow sometimes, but he was always early.
Ben showed a little bit of this characteristic on his journey to this world. Ben's first due date was March 5th. The doctor bumped that up to February 26th at his 16 week appointment. Ben actually arrived on Monday, February 23, 2009 (3 days early of his early due date!). However, Ben did take his sweet time. I started labor at about 11:30pm on Saturday (Feb 21st). I was having major contractions every 30 minutes all night long with smaller contractions in between. I finally woke Mitch up at about 3AM and told him I was going to take a shower to see if the pains would slow down or become less intense. They didn't.
Ben showed a little bit of this characteristic on his journey to this world. Ben's first due date was March 5th. The doctor bumped that up to February 26th at his 16 week appointment. Ben actually arrived on Monday, February 23, 2009 (3 days early of his early due date!). However, Ben did take his sweet time. I started labor at about 11:30pm on Saturday (Feb 21st). I was having major contractions every 30 minutes all night long with smaller contractions in between. I finally woke Mitch up at about 3AM and told him I was going to take a shower to see if the pains would slow down or become less intense. They didn't.
(Right before we left for the hospital)
At about 5AM Sunday Morning, we went to the hospital. They monitered me for 2 hours and confirmed that I had started labor, but I was progressing so slowly that they said it would be better for me to wait it out at home. We went home and all day Sunday the contractions got more painful and closer together until I couldn't even breathe through the pain. Mitch begged me to go back to the hospital to see if they could at least give me something for the pain so I could sleep - even if they didn't admit us that night. I finally agreed. We were checked in at about 9:30pm Sunday night and after some monitering of my contractions and Ben's heart rate, the doctor felt it was best to keep us there. Ben's heart rate was dropping after some contractions and by Monday morning, I had progressed so little that they threatened to do an emergency C-Section. 
(Here we are with our nurse, Heather . . .
I was drugged up on an epidural and it was wonderful!!)
Mitch & my brother-in-law Andrew (Weber) gave me a blessing and our Heavenly Father promised this baby would come without surgery - and he did. Finally, after 36 hours of labor, Benjamin Grant Rencher entered the world. He weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and measured 20 1/2 inches long. 
(Ben was in the birthing canal so long - he was a cone head by the time he came out!)
(Dr Harward delivered Ben - He was awesome!!)
Grandpa Rencher always gave his children an "Obedience" talk before they left on their missions or got married. I'm convinced that Benjamin received this same lecture because he is so good and he keeps both his mom and dad on track. He nursed like a champ right from the beginning and he loves to be awake in the day (some of the day) and sleeps through almost all of the night when he's not eating. He must have had a really good discussion with Grandpa because 36 hours is plenty of time to get any message across even for the long-winded-worry-wart named Irv (love ya Mirv!) 


WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY BENJAMIN!
WE LOVE YOU!!!
WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY BENJAMIN!
WE LOVE YOU!!!
22 comments:
Welcome! Welcome! Good job Mommy for getting him here safe and sound! He is adorable and I can't wait to see him again!
Holy crap, I swear you weren't due this soon. CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so excited for you, and extremely jealous! (However, not jealous of your 36 hour labor...) And remember how you look like you didn't gain a pound?? Lucky. Congrats guys!
Congrats Mitch and Haley! Wow 36 hours I don't know how you did that?! Contractions are quite an experience aren't they? I'm so glad nursing is going well and that he is such a good baby. I can't wait to see him.
CONGRATULATIONS MITCH AND HALEY!!! He is adorable. We are so happy for youÜ
Congratulations, Haley and Mitch! How wonderful to welcome a new member of your family. After Kelli posted about the 4-wheelers starting your labor, I was eager to hear how it all went.
Well done and GOOD LUCK!. Now go take a nap :)
Yay!!! I want to meet him! Welcome to the world! :)
Benjamin may have got a lecture by his Grandpa Rencher, but he got his looks from the Johnson side!!! He looks just like Levi! What a cutie!! I am so glad everything is going well.
He is gorgeous Haley!!!!! How is it that you gained zero pounds when you were prego??? Congrats on your baby.
Yay! Congratulations Haley and Mitchel! Haley, I can't believe your story, because it sounds EXACTLY like mine! I even down to our babies. Mason was 7 lbs 2 oz and 21 inches long and 10 days early (maybe I have a grandpa Irv somewhere). I am glad your little one is finally here though and unlike me, you still looked hot! Congrats and enjoy every second of this journey! Before you know it, you'll be onto #2!
Ps. Little Benjamin for sure has the Johnson genes! (Sorry Mitch) And, where did you deliver? I swear we had the same nurse as well!
Congratulations!!! I can't believe it! What a beautiful baby boy. I am so excited for you guys and I am so glad that everything is going well. We want to come see you soon. Let us know when a good time is for you. I can't wait to meet cute Benjamin!
Hello my long lost friend. congrats on a beautiful baby!! YOU WERE ME AT LIKE 7 WEEKS!. It is good to see lots on your cute family
Just wanted to tell you guys congratulations! What a cutie! These little babies are worth all the pain they put us through!! :)
congrates. I'm glad everything turned out good. You have such a cute little boy :0)
YAY!!! SO SO CUTE! Haley, I think he looks JUST like you!(and your family) That's so funny how they just take on our traits. I'm so happy for you, being a mommy is the best thing in the whole wide world! Good luck with everything and welcome to mommyhood! LOVE YOU HAY!
Good job you two!! Bom trabalho em produzir offspringo. Mas nao se preocupan, ainda tem tempo suficiente para trocar seu nome de Benjamin a Eric. ta?
Congratulations you two! We are so happy for you. Way to hang in there for 36 hours. We got to 24 and I thought that was bad so I am so impressed with you. Sure hope everything is going well. Congrats again!
He's so stinkin cute! And 36 hours!!! What a trooper! Seriously though, congratulations. He's a beautiful boy! When life calms down a little for you, we should get together so we can meet each others kids!
I'm so glad he is here and I can't wait to see him again. He is adorable!
Congratulations! That was the cutest post ever. Ben is darling. You must be a tough cookie to make it throuh 36 hours of labor! WOW
Haley-
How has the last week been going? Mom says you are doing great.
Thanks for checking my blog- I always get excited when there is a comment!
Hope all is going well for you. I just had to comment on your "funnies section" that is hillarious! I was laughing so hard I was crying. I want to put some of those kids you tube videos on my blog and I will make sure I give you all the credit. Those sure do brighten someones day, how can they not!!
Post a Comment