Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's Real

(Please note: Commentary added by Mitch)
My work threw me an adorable baby shower (because they know as well as I do that he is an adorable baby--HoTtEsT FeTuS EvEr!) and I decided that I'm extremely spoiled. We got all sorts of blankets, clothes, socks, pj's, diapers, an umberella stroller, & bathroom items (and some stuff for the BaBy too!). When I got home that night with a car load of stuff, Mitch was freaking out (in a very manly way--"oh my heck...bLuE BoOtIeS!"...hey, I didn't know Trish was here). He went through all of the gifts and we both decided that this felt very real... we are really having a baby (or some life form--nanu, nanu!) Not that the pregnancy hasn't felt real - it's probably the biggest reality check I've had so far in my life (ya, it was about the size of one of those oversized lottery checks). However, it's been fun to have material items to show me this is for a little person (its confirmed, he'a a MiDgEt); this is for my son (I hope its mine too), not just some alien taking over my body (unconfirmed) and stretching out my stomach to no end. Soon I won't just be waking up because I'm uncomfortable and need to use the bathroom (she'll be waking up because 1,000's of spiders are crawling all over her body, oh and...) I'll be waking up to hold, nourish and care for our baby. It's absolutely thrilling (thriller...thriller night and no ones going to save you from the beast about to strike) and nerve wracking at the same time. We CaN't WaIt!! (True dat!)










7 comments:

Kelli said...

Haley, You are adorable and your husband is insane! Thriller?

Payne Family said...

You look SOOOO cute pregnant!! We can't wait to hear what you are naming your baby boy!!

laura j. said...

It is ReAl! And I am so stinkin' excited for you. I can't wait to meet the little guy!

Brook Ann ( the Great ) said...

HayHay! Laura sent me an invite to the family shower. I hope you understand, but I won't be able to make it. HA HA HA. I did cry though because I wish I could be there. SO BAD. You are so cute and you will be such a cute mommy. Love to you and your belly.

Steph and E said...

You guys shouldn't go with any of those names listed on your blog. You should name you first your son "Eric"..And let me tell you why. First, Eric means "ruler of people" in Scandinavian or "complete ruler" in Danish. Second, it's not commonly used today, therefore it is unique. Plus, I'd give you $5. Third, both of you already know a real cool, good looking, and charming man of pure awesomeness named Eric. Think about it ...
Eric Rencher..has a nice ring to it.

Anonymous said...

haley you guys are going to have the cutest baby boy!! you llok so dang cute! I am so excited for you

Kasey, Nicole, Lexie, and Kenzie said...

Hailey you look so darling! I am so excited for you. You will be the most darling mom in the world! Good Luck!