10
Some friends from the ward invited us to a fun park, Jonquil Park. I forgot to bring my camera, but this is a picture I found online
9
The name Chicago is derived from an Algonquin word “Chigagou,” which translates to “onion field.” So why was it called that? Basically it is pretty self explanatory, lots of onions grew on fields where the city was formed.
Makes sense. I knew I smelled something odd around here ...
8
We found a really cool furniture warehouse, Nadeau. We were able to purchase a cabnet to go under our TV. Now Ben can watch the Stripling Warriors in style.
The only problem with this store is they don't deliver. Fortunately, a family from the ward let us borrow their truck.
7
We eat dinner out on the patio every-other-night. The kids love it! And since the deck is up higher than the fence line, Benjamin and Lydia give a big "Hello" to all of our neighbors.
It's created a fun opportunity to introduce ourselves to the people next door.
6
Due to the NATO summet, Mitch was able to work from home on Friday.
Needless to say, he discovered he had to lock himself away to get anything accomplished. The kids wanted to climb all over him throughout the day. They were so excited to have him around.
5
Even though things have been warming up, my kids still insist on wearing winter clothes.
(Unless Ben decides to wear nothing. We've had a few naked Ben sightings in the backyard. I try to refrain from photographing those.)
4
It only took AT&T 2 weeks to finish a 15 minute job, but we finally got our internet setup on Friday! It is crazy how much we rely on the interwebs.
3
Pizza Night - We did Pizza Night @ "I Monelli" right around the corner from our house. It was a GREAT discovery!! The pizza and salad were fantastic!
I can't decide if it is a good thing or a bad thing that it is just a block away.
2
The Bar, and no, it's not the bar that everyone else in Chicago visits on a Saturday. Not only did our internet arrive on Friday, but the study materials for The Bar is also here.
(he wouldn't let me take a good picture)
Let the crunching begin!
1
Starting to feel more like home.Here are some pictures of the inside of our apartment.
I don't have all of the wall hangings up, so I'll have to do a more complete post once Ben's bed is setup and all of the bedrooms look more put together.
Love from Chicago!








6 comments:
AWESOME! I saw the NATO protest on KSL and I was totally going to ask if you were going. Totally. The kids in their winter gear is darling. I am glad they love to climb all over their dad. Oooh. that pizza looked tasty. I love the new cabinet. In fact your entire house looks darling! You make it look so inviting. But my favorite was the picture of the bar materials. Classic Mitch!
Love the winter hats and those cute faces. Your going to make friends with the whole neighborhood! The pizza.. that would be a problem for me. Nice to have places you can just walk to though. Cool pictures!
Looks like you guys are having many fun experiences! I love the pictures, keep them coming...
Love you guys.
Your house looks darling! I love it! And that park looks awesome! We will have to come see it with you one day!
Your apartment is so cute! Such cute, little customers. I love your kids. Good luck studying for the Bar, Mitch!
I love your top 10 lists...makes me want to come and visit. Yum... the pizza looks delicious. It is a good thing to live close to good food. :) I love the patio dinners. So fun!
Post a Comment