Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Few Fun Milestones

We spend LOTS of time at the park and Ben can climb all the ladders and go down all the slides by himself!
Milestone #2: Ben can open ALL doors (& unlock them) & he can crawl out of his bed.

Ben went on a "no-nap strike" for a few months. I fought it for a while and for 2 weeks I was really good about doing as the Super Nanny said and just returning him to his bed. It became such a game. Even if he was literally so drowsy he could barely walk, as soon as I put him in his crib, he got this burst of energy. I was putting him back in his crib 15 times every day.
Finally, I just decided it wasn't worth the fight. He could stay up. Eventually he learned to fall asleep anywhere. I have found him falling asleep on his truck, in his sister's car seat, in his high chair, and right when we got home from church, he fell asleep on the floor...

Milestone #3: I synchronized my kids' naps. (at least for that day)
Milestone #4: Lydia has been introduced to baby food. And she LOVES IT!
Milestone #5: Lydia is rolling over.


And I just think Lydia is cute, so I put this video on too.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

They are both so cute! We are so excited to see you all in just a few days!

Sophie Weber said...

Hah, I love the dead asleep on the floor.. I need to teach Kennedy to sleep anywhere like Ben

Kendal and Alissa said...

What a fun post. I too love the synchronized naps. I wish my kids would do that (even if it was for one day:). I can't believe Lydia rolled over....CONGRATS.