Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back to School

"Our Creator expects His children everywhere to educate themselves. He issued a commandment: “Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.” (D&C 88:118). And He assures us that knowledge acquired here will be ours forever. (See D&C 130:18-19)

Measured by this celestial standard, it is apparent that those who impulsively “drop out” and cut short their education not only disregard divine decree but frustrate the realization of their own potential." --Russell M. Nelson

I am married to a man who is definitely taking the commandment to gain an education seriously. He has decided to add another degree to his JD (Juris Doctorate). Should you need to find Mitch, you will most likely find him here:
At the Tanner Building of BYU where Mitch is getting not only his law degree, but his Masters of Business Administration. (I had to photoshop mitch into the picture, since I don't have a photo of him at BYU yet). Needless to say, he is busy busy busy, but we couldn't be more proud.

With Mitch gone so much, Ben and I have had to find fun new ways to keep ourselves entertained. During the nesting phase of this pregnancy, I've probably cleaned out each closet and cupboard about 3 times in the last month. This creates some fun new hiding places, so if you need to find Ben and I, you might find us here:
Good luck to all those back in school!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

What a wonderful and supportive wife you are Haley! I am glad that Mitch has you to back him and help get him through this busy time. I love you! And him. But especially Ben.

Sophie Weber said...

bahahah!! That picture of you and Ben is great! I love it! Way to go Mith, JDMBA! Then.. Cosmetology license! :)

Tyson and Marie said...

That is hilarious!!!! We miss you guys. Man, how can we live so close and still not see you enough! We appreciate all of Mitch's help lately. He has been so great. Good luck with school! Let's get together before that cute little girl comes:)

Payne Family said...

Good luck Mitch! And Haley, are you coming out of the closet? :-} By the way, MY cupboards are ready for a thorough cleaning--in your "spare" time...

Jessica said...

Love that picture! You guys are adorable as always and way to go Mitch! I can't believe your little girl is coming so soon! How exciting! We still need to get together sometime and play!

laura j. said...

Cute smile of Ben's in the last picture. Way to go for being so ambitious Mitch! One more week Haley...so exciting!