Friday, February 26, 2010

1 Year Old!

The partying started at Grandma Rencher's house with the February birthday guests:
Lauren, Kassidy & Benjamin!
Jenn arranged balloon volleyball for the kids.
(The big kids, Mitch & Andrew, had to participate - I'm still waiting to get the photo from Allison, but it was fun to watch!)
On the actual day, we treated Ben to some cheese fries from Training Table since fries are one of his favorite foods! He was super excited!
After dinner, we gathered at our house for caterpillar cupcakes and ice cream.
(Sophie's idea - Go Sophie!)
I think Ben's favorite part of the day were the balloons.
After cake, ice cream, and opening all of the great gifts (Thank heavens for grandparents!), we played some games. The first was a bottle drinking contest. We filled Ben's bottles with soda and had the kids feed an adult the bottle. The first to finish their soda and burp won.

The second game was a Binky contest. You have to turn the Binky in your mouth 180 degrees without using your hands. It's harder than it sounds!HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENJAMIN!!!!
We love you and we're so glad you came to live with us.

9 comments:

Brandon said...

Haley, your family is out of control. How many candles did Ben have on that cake, anyway?

Jacqui said...

What a cutie. I can't believe he's 1 year old already. Holy Smokes!

cbleeflang said...

Your little boy is getting so big. I'm glad that you blog since I don't get to see you enough.

Sophie Weber said...

ben jam in we love you

Payne Family said...

I can't believe Ben is 1 year old! I love the creative games you always come up with--sounds like a lot of FUN! Hey, I just heard that Lizzie is engaged...is that true? Congrats Lizzie!!!

emily said...

oh my goodness. little ben isn't little anymore. jeez! looks like a blast! i might just steal your game ideas for bella's day! how much fun!! thanks for sharing.

Kendal and Alissa said...

Happy Birthday Ben! Time flies by SO fast....I can't believe that he is already one! I love the last picture of Ben with his scrunched up lips. It looks like he had a couple great parties! The cupcake caterpillar was darling....great idea Sophie.

Donny and Mollie said...

What a cute mom you are to make such cute little cupcakes and go all out for Ben's first birthday. You are great at celebrating birthdays.
-Mollie

Laura said...

Your blog entries continue to make me laugh! I have been planning Peyton's birthday and don't think it will be nearly as creative. Happy birthday to Ben! Looks like a pretty great party that will be tough to beat next year! I love the cruise entry too. Looks like a blast! The outfits are classic. I am so glad you had a great time.