In a couple of weeks Mitch and I and the rest of the Rencher adults will be here, and you won't, that doesn't mean that we don't want you to come, but it might be short notice.
Our cruise will port in Samana, Tortola, St Thomas, and the Great Stirrup Cay. It does not include distributing humanitarian aid in Haiti, much to my mother-in-law's chagrin. The best part about it is we will be with all of Mitch's family (except the kids--which secretly is the bestest of parts). We will have the time of our lives, soaking up the sun (it was freezing in Miami last week) showing off our tanned bods (we are pasty freaks) and entertaining throngs of picture-taking Asians (or at least ourselves) in the Karaoke bar.
Our cruise will port in Samana, Tortola, St Thomas, and the Great Stirrup Cay. It does not include distributing humanitarian aid in Haiti, much to my mother-in-law's chagrin. The best part about it is we will be with all of Mitch's family (except the kids--which secretly is the bestest of parts). We will have the time of our lives, soaking up the sun (it was freezing in Miami last week) showing off our tanned bods (we are pasty freaks) and entertaining throngs of picture-taking Asians (or at least ourselves) in the Karaoke bar.We have this distinguished man to thank. In his mind he is the most interesting man in the world. In fact, he once had an akward moment just to see how it feels. The picture below captures that moment. Tune in after the cruise for more on the most interesting man in the world.
He invited us all to participate in the Rencher Family Chunky Challenge last spring. For each pound that we lost, our "sponsors" (the generous folks with the NAACP, the National Association for the Advancement of Chunky People) would pay $20 towards the cruise.I was not able to participate since I was nursing, so the pounds Ben gained during that time counted as my weight loss. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, we were dieting, exercising, by we I mean they, because I was eating anything and everything that I wanted while packing the pounds on my son. Here are the results:

The total weight loss was 222 lbs, which, come to think of it is how much Brett Favre weighs...oh my he's dreamy, I'd hat to lose him.
The fun didn't stop there. For Christmas we decided that rather than get regular gifts for one another, we would find something for our assigned family member to wear on the cruise.At the family Christmas party, the outfits were revealed:
Dave will be wearing this piece of paper and nothing else. On second thought, maybe this wasn't a very good idea. Seriously, he will be going as a pirate of the Eastern Caribbean. The man who thinks he is the most interesting man in the world gave him his Cap'n Jack outfit.
Tricia designed a hat for Kelli that is not only stylish, but also tempting due to the fact that we (by we I mean they) starving from the weight loss. This will also be an important accessory when we sing "Benjamin Calypso" from Joseph during Karaoke night.
Sara found some beautiful lime-green glasses, sandals and skirt from Tricia's closet. Seriously, I swear I've seen Tricia her wearing this before.
Andrew wanted to make sure that Brandon did not get shot by confused deer hunters and therefore supplied him with a lovely hat. The hat is really set-off by the ornate cowboy vest donned by the most sophisticated of cruisers.
Sara will provide entertainment and/or nightmares for any little children on the cruise with this pair of overalls, which is a cross between clown and grease monkey. Not that it will surprise anyone, but you may have seen this outfit before, as it was used by the "Back Porch Gang." I know what your thinking, I didn't think the Crips or the Bloods wore outfits like this. You're thinking the wrong kind of gang, think the Butter Cream Gang that spreads joy through barber-shop harmony. Oh yes, my mother wore this little diddy while starring in her singing group. I owe my sense of style to this woman. Thanks mom!
Jenn has Ms McGuire to thank for her taffeta evening gown. I felt Karaoke night just wouldn't be complete without a madrigal dress to boost her singing confidence.
Allsion knows just how much Andrew obsesses about Twilight's Edward. In fact, he likes him so much that it is straining the relationship with nephew Josh, whom Andrew is convinced is a werewolf. This snug fit will make an appearance at the pool where Andrew's pasty skin will shine like diamonds. Thanks Alli for helping your brother live his dream. (haha look how happy he looks)
Yet another gem from Jolene's closet - we have this hand-knit sleeveless turtle neck dress for Cherie to wear in the beautiful Caribbean weather.
Thanks to Kelli, Allison will be mixing her innocent and devious sides with a flower tunic and black lace gloves. Allison will be performing a mash-up of My Fair Lady's "Just You Wait" and Iron Maiden's "Iron Man."
Brandon didn't want Mitch to catch a chill on the beach (it may end up being a great gift given recent temps) as he cuddles up to a novel. He even had Tricia embroider "Mitch's Snuggie" on it so that nobody could steal it. . . or him, maybe I should have her embroider Haley's Man underneath so that all the ladies would know he is taken!
And last, but not least, I will be sulking around in the most embarrassing outfit of all. Dave saw fit to ruin my entire trip by making me wear a University of Utah T Shirt. I just don't know how Mitch is going to stand the humiliation. Dave told me they were about to embroider "Max Hall Hates Me" on the back, but thought better of it.


10 comments:
First off, congrats EVERYONE on losing weight. That's fantastic! And I'm soooo jealous that you'll be on a cruise in a few weeks. I've been dreaming the last few nights of cruising again. It makes my heart ache to think how long it will be before I get on another "big boat" (as my boys call it). Have fun!
Hey Haley I just want to say that I think you will look HOT in the U of U shirt! I would totally wear it.... my husband on the other hand would never!! Have fun.
this is your cousin by the way! :)
I know who you are Kristin! And thanks for the support.. I was really feeling sorry for myself! :)
What an awesome idea to get a family in shape:) I didn't quite get who your sponsors were? You are so lucky that you are going in the next week. Kendal and I happened to go during the cold freeze in Miami:(....we still had a blast. I can't wait to see all of you pictures.
I want to go with you! The Renchers, food and sun-can't get any better.
I loved the weight loss challenge and the "cruisin' Christmas exchange!" Have a wonderful time, but don't forget all of us here in Utah who will be freezing AND having trouble breathing the yucky air!
Hilarious! I want to be a Rencher! You guys will have a blast!
Just a few more days! You are going to have so much fun. And what a cute post!
We agree with Kaile and Cambria!
Post a Comment