Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Harping!

I participated in my first real harp recital this October. We held a Halloween Harp concert in stead of the usual ones. It was a blast! I was able to play in every song except one and they were fun songs too - like Harry Potter, Songs from the new movie Twilight, Lord of the Rings, & Wizard of Oz. It was great. I have been taking harp lessons since April and it has proved to be one of my better choices in life. I am loving it.
We had to come dressed up and Ben, Mitch & I went as the Lion, Witch & the Wardrobe.
Thanks to all those who came to support me! I am so glad you would come!

9 comments:

Brandon said...

So, is this Mitch coming out of the closet?
This post reminds me that you promised to play the harp at my wedding reception. You better start practicing the love songs.

Jacqui said...

Wow! What a talent to tackle! Well done!

Payne Family said...

Oh, I LOVE the harp!! How did the Johnson family get ALL the talent???

Michael and Emily said...

How awsome that you're playing the harp! I'm jealous. Maybe you can teach me lessons.

Laura said...

Way to go! I am impressed! Good job with the costumes too and getting Mitch to join in. I think the only way our little family would dress up is if we all were farmers.

Loni and Tyler said...

I totally remember how amazing you are at that!!! you guys look awesome!

Dorothy said...

Very creative costumes. I love it.

Gina said...

I had no idea you were playing the harp! Good for you Haley. What a beautiful instrument. And I love your costumesÜ

Sophie Weber said...

whoot whoot! YAY FOR HARPING!!! I must say the harpist are the coolest!